Interior Mineral Primer (120)
Premium Interior Mineral Paint with Functional Wellness Pigments (including clear quartz, hematite, goethite and/or chromite depending on shade)
For interior walls and ceilings
Suitable for residential and commercial applications
Velvet matte finish with high luminosity and light reflective value
- Zero VOC
- No odor or off-gassing
- No solvents or plasticizers
- No preservatives, fungicides or biocides
- No synthetic pigments or chemical colorants
- Composed of renewable, earthen raw materials (including clear quartz, hematite, goethite and chromite) with wellness benefits
- Hygienic due to its high pH
- Resistant to mold, algae and fungi growth
- Well-suited for allergy sufferers and sensitive groups
- Made to order
- Self-priming / easy application
- One coat coverage on most surfaces
- Artist-quality crystalline pigments
- Breathable / vapor permeable (does not allow moisture to condense and collect)
- Improves indoor air quality
- Quick drying
- Non-film-forming (won’t ever peel)
- Anti-static (surfaces stay clean longer)
- Lightfast / UV stable (will not fade)
- Weather resistant
- Water repellent
- Abrasion and scrub resistant
- Forms a secure, insoluble bond between the paint and the underlying substrate (drywall, plaster, masonry, concrete, stucco and previously painted latex or acrylic surfaces)
- 20+ years of satisfactory performance before repainting is necessary
- Macro-fill technology for outstanding hiding and final appearance
- Very durable even in extreme environments
- Cradle to Cradle Certified®
- Contributory to LEED certification points and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Cans are made from steel, which is infinitely recyclable
- Economical: long renovation intervals and long-term savings; minimum maintenance costs due to long-lasting functionality and appearance
- Emission-free: manufacturing sites use renewable energy and short supply chains to improve carbon footprint
- Cruelty-free: vegan / not tested on animals
- Women-owned small business
- Made in USA
1 Quart covers ≈ 65 sq ft
1 Gallon covers ≈ 300 sq ft
3.5 gallons covers ≈ 1,050 sq ft
We recommend two coats of Alkemis Interior Mineral Paint for optimal coverage, appearance and durability.
It's important to note that coverage will differ based on a variety of factors, such as the surface type, texture and permeability, as well as the application methods, equipment and workmanship.
Please note: our Interior Mineral Paint is self-priming in most scenarios. Alkemis Interior Mineral Primer is recommended only for new drywall and masonry, or if you are painting over a very dark or uneven surface.
Alkemis Paint is easy to apply and requires no special equipment or training. Its advantageous attributes and outstanding performance can be best accomplished using the following process.
USE ON: Walls and ceilings of new or previously painted drywall, plaster, brick, masonry, concrete, stucco or stone. Not recommended on glossy paints or varnish, floors, wood or plastic surfaces.
PLEASE NOTE: Mineral paints appear darker when wet and will dry lighter.
Surface must be clean, dry and free of dust and contaminants. Prior peeling paint should be removed and sanded smooth. New plaster or masonry should be cured at least 7 days. New drywall or masonry should be primed with Alkemis Mineral Primer.
Stir all containers thoroughly, preferably with slow speed drill and paddle mixer. If you don't have a paddle mixer, stir vigorously with wooden stir stick.
For large surfaces, boxing paint (combining paint into a larger container) helps prevent shade variations from bucket-to-bucket.
Please keep lid on unused paint, so it does not dry out.
Paint can be applied as supplied. Alternatively, up to 10% water may be added to the first and second coat to make it easier to keep a wet edge so you do not get lap marks. Do not apply more than 10% water as it will impact the washability of the surface.
- 3 oz. for 1 quart
- 1.5 cups for 1 gallon
- 5.5 cups for 3.5 gallon
Work quickly as paint is fast-drying.
Cut-in with a nylon/polyester brush. Only cut-in what you can paint within an hour. Use a 3/8”—1/2” nap synthetic roller and roll into damp cut-in paint.
Last pass should be from ceiling to floor to even out roller pattern.
May be applied by airless spray, 3000 PSI minimum with 0.25—0.29” tip. Remove manifold and spray gun filters.
For a consistent matte mineral finish, roll on or spray two coats.
Back roll for most even appearance.
For a velvety texture, apply the second coat with a block brush in an X pattern.
7. FIRST COAT & TOP COAT
Consistently apply first coat to cover surface with no runs. Allow to dry 2—4 hours.
For best results apply second coat and allow to dry overnight.
See tech data sheet for more details.